My Home Has Been Damaged. What Do I Do?
Mother Nature sure can be powerful. If your property has been damaged, you should take some important steps to ensure your insurance covers the damages to protect your home and property from further damage and give a contractor a good idea of where to start.
- Take photos and/or videos of the damage when it’s safe to do so.
- Document the type and extent of the damage in writing.
- Record the date, time, duration, and weather conditions that caused the damage.
- Find if other homes and businesses in the area have been damaged.
- If your roof is leaking, try to evaluate where the water is coming from.
- Move your valuables away from the affected area.
- If it’s hailing, try to collect a sample of the hail and put it in your freezer if possible.
- Find pictures that show the area before the damage began.
- Contact Super Siders to schedule an inspection.
If you are in need of a public adjuster, please reach out to Property Advocates of Minnesota at 763-691-3170.